Dear Friend and Patron,
Have you ever seen a painting of a miracle during a blizzard? Here is one of my favorite works by a famous German artist. Can you see what’s happening here?
Speaking of miracles, If we raise $50,000, a prominent foundation in Dallas will match these funds and enable us to hire professional staff which is an urgent need for us at this stage of our growth and development.
For Love & Art excels at transforming the quality of life for seniors and hospice.
- We added three new museum partnerships (Russia’s State Hermitage, Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum, and The Frick) to total 23.
- Donors endowed 45 Virtual Museum ArtBooks to nonprofit hospices across the country (and one in Australia), including every community of the Little Sisters of the Poor (although we’re not affiliated with LSP, we share similar missions).
- We “Celebrated the Art Experience” with 30 senior communities once or twice a month in North Texas and Tulsa, about 400 times, delighting nearly 6,000 seniors.
- We’ve partnered with New York Cares to bring FL&A to the Big Apple.
- We have chapters in Tulsa, OK and the Southern Georgia Coast.
- Chapters are in their infancy in Austin, TX and Lancaster County, PA.
- Also, we had our debut in Sarasota recently with terrific results. We will begin a Florida “Sun Coast” Chapter this coming year.
- We’ve achieved Guidestar Gold Seal of Transparency….keeping integrity paramount!
- For the fourth year in a row, we’re Top Rated at Great Nonprofits.
We’re proud of these accomplishments and confident that with the right management, we can establish chapters very quickly to every interested community across the country. Why do this?
Our goal is to amass an army of volunteer caregivers who are not just willing but EAGER to visit seniors and hospice. It’s so sad to see so many lonely and fearful people in these communities, dying from a lack of will to live any longer. My friend, Madge, for example; when I come to visit once a month, I find her languishing in bed with the lights out, just waiting to die. Her heart’s broken; even though her family lives nearby and she belonged to the ‘right’ civic organizations all her life, no one comes to visit her — she says that people are just so darn busy these days! So she curls up and waits for liberation from her prison of an aging body and personal circumstance. Sadly, her case is not unusual. Without a good quality of life, many feel that life just isn’t worth living.
Is this what we want for our communities, our families, ourselves? NO!
Using our innovative curriculum, our volunteers get the privilege of sharing the world’s great treasures with people and listen to them share their thoughts and feelings. People we visit so appreciate being able to share their stories and opinions. See for yourself:
Spirits arise from the doldrums and life’s worth living again. Love is ever-present. To bring this beauty and cause this joy is a triumph for our caregiving volunteers.
Click here and be assured that your contribution will make a difference in the quality of life for thousands of seniors and hospice. Help make 2018 our banner year!
As ever, we appreciate your serious consideration and thank you for standing for the quality of life for all people at every age.
To celebrate art is to celebrate life!